Tuesday 22 September 2015

The Most Wonderful Woman I Know

I wanted to carry on a little from the last blog post. 'Winging It...' was largely about the creative side of the business and how I personally went with it. However, I wanted to do a post solely dedicated to one person who made it all possible, my Mam (which is Geordie for Mum, Mother, Mom etc). A few sentances didn't seem enough.


 
When I was in school she taught me to sew and supported any dreams I had to be a poor artist and when I finished university in 2011 I moved back home to Newcastle and in with her. When I decided that I was going to make a go of business as a wildlife artist and illustrator she supported me in this dream and I could never thank her enough. She was there as a shoulder to cry on when I doubted myself or thought I was crazy. She stood with me freezing in the cold and wet when I did my first events. She gave me the push to try the bigger events which then helped me expand my business. She even let me take over the spare room as a home studio...and the dining room for making mugs...and the garage for storing all my stock. 

Now I have moved into my first place of my own I want to thank her for all the help and support she has given me over the years. Although I know she is overjoyed at having her space back and clutter-free no amount of free paintings, coasters and lamps can make up for that. I am sure that there are many other creatives out there in a similar situation and have wonderful families who are there for them. My thanks not only go out to my Mam but my Dad, brother, aunties, uncles, grandparents and friends but I wanted to give extra special thanks to the woman who brought me into the world and has supported me every step of the way. I love you Mam.

No comments:

Post a Comment